- Ownership - The OTA website is owned by Online Technology Australia Pty. Ltd. ("OTA", "our", "we" or "us"). We know that when purchasing over the internet you place total trust in the company you purchase from or through. In today's internet world we are very serious about your privacy and security, also we take out every possible precaution to ensure your personal details are safe and extremely secure. Below is our privacy and security policy, at any stage you are not completely satisfied with the information provided please contact us and we will do our best to answer accordingly.
- Australian Law - Being an Australian website, owned and operated by Australians we are bound by Australian laws and go to elevated limits to make sure these laws are followed. The Australian Privacy Act 1988 and ten National Privacy Principles were used when building our website this is to present you with the security and privacy you as an Australian deserve. To use our website site you must agree to the user terms and conditions policy.
- Aim - The aim of this Privacy & Security Policy is to outline any information we gather from you and how it is used. Please stay familiar with our policy as occasional the policy may change. The best way to do this is add this page to your favourites; we will place a "correct as at" date on the top of this page so you know when we last updated.
- This Policy is the sole authorised statement of our practices with respect to the online collection of personal information and the usage of such information.
- Any summaries of this Policy generated by third party software or otherwise (for example, in connection with the "Platform for Privacy Preferences" or "P3P") shall have no legal effect, are in no way binding upon OTA, shall not be relied upon in substitute for this Policy, and neither supersede nor modify this Policy.
- Questions & Answers - To assist and make this Policy easy to understand, we have provided a Q & A section that you may find important:
- What information do you collect from me?
- Your information - We only collect enough information from you to make sure of a successful, fast, secure and reliable purchase. We do not sell, swap, trade or lease any of your details to any third party companies. When you have completed our secure membership online details form, your details stay solely with us. At any stage you are not satisfied with us collecting or holding details inform us immediately and we will take the appropriate steps to delete your details.
- How we collect your information - There are a number of ways in which we collect information from you these are, when you:
- Create an account using our secure online membership registration form.
- We also collect information when you make contact with us by other means this could include email, phone or mail.
- We also collect information from you when registering for our newsletter, competitions and participating in our surveys.
- Credit Card - OTA uses an Online Merchant facility via a Securepay Payment Gateway. This is to ensure that maximum protection, to you as the customer, is upheld. OTA does not hold your credit card details.
- How do you use this information? The information that we collect about you is to identify you to OTA. This is to ensure the safest possible purchasing agreement between you and OTA. We may also be required to use your information for dispute resolution and troubleshooting.
- Using our site - When participating in our site you will be agreeing to us using your details for marketing, statistics and promotional reasons. This may include us changing design and any security related issues with the website.
- Legal - We may have to lawfully disclose your personal information for law enforcement or regulatory purposes. We will corporate with Australian Law enforcement inquires and other third parties to enforce laws, intellectual property and others rights.
- Email - We do not in any way spam advertise. We do not tolerate spam and if you find any misuse of your email address please contact us and we will do our best to take the appropriate action.
- What security measurers do you use?
- Security - Your membership information is stored on our secure server. Our server has been hardened and tested using security procedures. We also carry out regular security audits to unsure that all security measures are up to date. Saying this, we do not live in a totally secure internet world and absolute security is not guaranteed.
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) - Areas of our website are encrypted using SSL encrypted transmissions between your Web browser and our Web server. We use a 128bit SSL when taking your details. This can be checked at anytime by clicking the padlock in the lower right corner of your browser when placing your details online. Our SSL is designed to reduce the chance of someone (e.g. on your network at work or at your Internet service provider) trying to compromise your private information as it travels from your Web browser to our secure web server. We recommend keeping your web browser updated for security and so that the encrypted pages don't become slow.
- OTA uses a Godaddy Digital Server Certificate, featuring cryptographic techniques to reduce the risk that Digital IDs are not forged or tampered with. These techniques, developed by RSA Data Security, use a matched pair of encryption and decryption keys.
- Firewall - We use firewall technology which is ideal for securing high-speed broadband environments.
- What responsibilities do I have regarding my security?
- Control of Your Password and User Name - You are accountable for all your own information with in regard to your User Name and Password? Do not give out your User Name or Password to any third party. If you believe that you’re User Name or Password has been compromised you are to change your password or contact us and have your account deleted. Always keep your OTA account number and password secret.
- Updating your Information - If at any stage your details change you are asked to update your details by logging into your account.
- Account Status - Your account will stay open unless you inform us that you would like to have it closed. Please contact us when you would like to close your account and we will delete you off our database.
- Is there anything else that I should regarding my privacy?
- About Children - Children must be supervised by an adult if they are under the age of 18 years.
- Links - Our Web site may contain links to other web sites. The links are provided for your consideration; we do not control or monitor the privacy or security practices of websites operated by others. We do not claim responsibility for the performance of these sites or for your dealings with them.
- Promotions and Competitions - OTA has ongoing promotions and competitions which may ask you to notify your friends of our great website. We do not have access to your friend's details until they made contact with OTA. If anyone asks you not to send them emails of this sort of nature, please respect there wishes.
- Newsletter - OTA provides an ongoing news letter to members if you are subscribed. The newsletter contains latest technology news along with our ongoing specials, promotions and competitions. At any time you do not wish to receive the newsletter please use the un-subscribe link in the newsletter.
Cisco Systems Australia
Ink & Toner
LCD TVs / HDTV / Plasma
Memory / RAM
Monitors & LCDs
Point of sale